Laurelton Center Buildings
The buildings on the main campus of the Laurelton Center are of native mountain stone construction, quarried from the surrounding mountains of the facility.
Electricity was supplied by PP&L through two primary power lines. The facility had switching gear capabilities in the event that one supply line should fail. The power was fed through two 1500 KVA 3-phase transformers newly installed in 1995.
The potable water system was owned and operated by the facility. Water was supplied to the facility via a watershed with an impounding dam, catch basin, raw water basin, water filtration plant, and finished water basins.
The Sanitary sewage collection system was owned and maintained by the facility to the point of entry into the meter house. After metering the sewage entered the Hartley Township Municipal Authority sanitary lines for treatment at the sewage treatment plant. This facility paid a percentage of the operating costs to the sewer authority.
The power plant had two 450 HP boilers and one 160 HP boiler, which were traveling grate-coal-fired units. Steam was supplied to the facility from the power plant through a steam distribution system via underground tunnels and direct burial steam and condensate lines.
For additions or corrections, notify the site administrator via the "Contact" section